Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Dialogue With a Mother Wolf 🐺 by Peter Reum

The big bad wolf 🐺 shows herself
Late at night in the meadow of dreams
From somewhere in my unconscious mind
The she wolf bares her fangs and I shiver

"Why is she following me?" I whisper to myself
"I have never hunted you for sport or pleasure!"
"I know this, human" she answers impatiently
In a mournful tone that only wolves can create
"How am I hearing you this way?" I ask her

Do you love your children?" she snarls
I answer fearfully with suspicion "Yes I do"
"The Creator made us both, are we not related???" she asks me
"I don't know" I say guiltily
Shaken, not knowing what to say

"You humans once knew,
But you are now unaware" she replies
"You have forgotten who cries with you!"
"We were family once long ago,
living together!" she states
"Family???" I say querulously with fear
"Those old stories are fairy tales for children,
They have no connection to reality" I respond

The she wolf 🐺 howls a response so mournful
That I shiver once again, tingling in my spine
"I came to you in hope, knowing you might not understand!!" she howls in deep grief
"Human, you hunt us and murder our families!
We too were made by the Creator" she growls

"Our children are orphaned, lands we shared with you are yours alone...stolen without forethought, kept without regret!"
"Everywhere we once hunted has been ransacked and ruined!!" she cried
"We never took more than we needed to see
Our children grow up" she continued

"When human hunters stole our territory,
We hunted what we could kill in shrinking ranges and killed your cattle because our
children were dying and our elders starved," The she wolf despaired....
I listened without judgement as the she wolf
spoke her wounded heart, broken irreparably

Stunned, I whimpered "I am only one man...
You expect too much from me"
Beleaguered, she stated " In our past together
You were but few humans
before you spread like ants"  

"Please! Before our home is spoiled for all
Return to the Old Ways that we all may survive
Together as the Creator intended" she implored

We parted, both with heavy hearts,
Hoping Humankind and the Planet
We call home can live together peacefully
Knowing anything else means mass extinction
A once beautiful world now bare of life.....
Waiting for navigators asking
"How did this beautiful world die?"



No comments:

Post a Comment