Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Squandering Spirit by Peter Reum

There is no peace I can see
If not accompanied by humility
The fear of losing arguments
Must be replaced post haste
No one wants to be viewed as waste

It is hard to accept failures in life
Inner turmoil foreshadowing strife
Fear, what was then inner soil
Shame, making my blood boil
Anger filled a dreadful hole
Inside myself, a shrinking soul

Living free awaiting  climbs
Humbled by redemption sublime
Self-trust restored by reliance mine
Becomes faith attached to the divine
Sacred wishes begin to unfold
Making friends again and a wife to hold

Frightened by death, being frantic to cope
Hanging by a string,  I wonder, should I elope?
Trusting Higher Power greater than myself
Restores inner Spirit left on a shelf

Is it wrong to allow my life to extend
Once waiting to die, my prayers now depend
Upon finding the Spirit in each person I meet
Lowering walls my faith is now complete



No comments:

Post a Comment